Replica Apollo 15 LMP NASA watchband (LM Pilot's Bulova)
Using the design that was qualified for securing the mission chronograph to the spacesuit for lunar EVA, this is the long Apollo program watchband (part no. SEB12100030-202 and S/N 19) at 21½ inches in length.
Ink stamped (S/N 19) on a gray/ green vintage Olive Drab "AN 504" shade as used on watchbands by Apollo 15 Lunar Module Pilot Dave Scott and others.
- Nylon loop tape sourced from 1970's U.S. Defense Supply Agency stock. Being one of the first types of hook and loop tape, the Olive Drab binding tape is actually essential for providing stitched fabric reinforcement. But as this dates from the Apollo era it's the ultimate in authenticity short of being furnished by NASA Flight Crew Integration Division (FCID).
- Stainless steel metal ring of aircraft grad 302 alloy (one of the hardest austenitic 300-series stainless steel alloys available) hand fashioned into a slim 3/4" x 1/4" loop.
- Mil-spec (Mil-T-5038) binding tape of a Apollo era brown/green shade of Olive Drab.
- Stitched with old fashioned webbing strength (VT 295 mil-spec) Nylon thread.
- Ink stamped in bold font as per JSC-SPEC-M1 marking specification.
More information about compliance with the NASA watchband blueprint SEB12100030 here.