Short NASA watchband (latest mil-spec)
Made with the latest mil-spec hook and loop tape A-A-55126, this is based on the official short watchband shown in NASA blueprint SEB12100030 as "-210".
These watchbands outperforms those used in other NASA reproduction watchbands for all essential criteria, i.e.
- immunity from edge fraying
- firmness for watch support
- comfort next to the skin
This short NASA watchband comes in three different shades of Olive Drab (OD) and are approximated below for comparison purpose only.
A temperate dark green OD (the current US Army shade OD#7)
used on Space Shuttle crew preference watchbands.
A vintage gray/green OD shade similar to OG-106 fatigues and used on the watchband for the unofficial Bulova 'Lunar Pilot' during Apollo 15 EVA.
Another vintage OD shade, a brown/green from the 1960s Fed Std color chart for Olive Drab called #33070 and the most used shade for Apollo era watchbands.
- Authentic P/N and S/N according to NASA-JSC marking standard JSC-SPEC-M1 on Mil-T-5038 binding tape.
- Complimentary (and optional to use) pair of Delrin® black keepers provided to enhance fit.
- Total length, excluding steel ring, is 11½ inches. The strap will accommodate wrist sizes from 6 to 8½ inches.
- Width cut between 19 - 20 mm.
- Correctly sized mil-spec stainless steel loop (from the hardest 300-series alloy available).
More information about compliance with the NASA watchband blueprint SEB12100030 here.